Friday, June 24, 2011

Please give me a moment while I google that.

So the mysterious land of Azerbaijan, neighbor of the Caspian Sea and Caucasus Mountains... here's a little info for those of you who don't know (which is probably most).

Country Facts:
Official Name:   Azerbaycan Respublikasi
Capital:  Baku
Population: 7,830,000
Currency:  Manat
Exchange Rate to the $: 1AZN = $1.27
Language: Azerbaijani
Government: Presidential Republic
Famous for: Oil, Saffron, & Cavier
                                                                                                                  Miles from Rhode Island: 5,680
Kilometers from Rhode Island: 9,140
Neighbors: Russia (North), Iran (South), Caspian Sea (East) & Armenia and Georgia (West)
Salutations:  Salam Aleykum (Hello), Lutfan (Please), Tasakkur Adiram (Thank You)
Time Difference Between  Rhode Island (EST) and Baku:  +9 Hours

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Hi Corina-Malaika here. I'm departing in September and hope to meet you soon. I'll be following your blog as you and I will likely go through similar emotions leading up to our departure! Nice to meet a fellow future PC AZ (9?? I THINK WE ARE 9INES..NOT SURE).

    Peace and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Malaika! It's great to hear from someone else going. I only just got my Invite so I'm still sorting through all the paperwork. It's really nice to meet you, and yes I think we are AZ9's lol. I'll follow you as well so we can keep in touch! I'm sure when the packing starts, it will be nice to compare.

    Corina

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!